I won't lie. I enjoy these movies. But I'll be the first to admit they're illogical, ridiculous, and ludicrous.
But they also have a surprising amount of continuity between movies, even if it didn't seem that way to begin with. The fact that they're up to part 6 is, perhaps the most ludicrous part of it all, and damn if that final teaser at the end of the movie a minute after the credits began to roll doesn't have me eagerly anticipating the next one more than any that have come before. Adding Dwayne Johnson to the franchise was a stroke of genius... but they may have outdone themselves with who's on board to be the villain for the next one!
|This is, in a nutshell, what the Fast & Furious movies are all about.|
Fast & Furious 6...
- ... has fewer explosions than Star Trek Into Darkness. Which is also kind of ridiculous.
- ... had me waiting for the surprise cameo the entire movie—if you don't know who it is, don't seek out the information, because you'll spend the entire time wondering if you risk going to the bathroom to miss the introduction of the character.
- ... had a trailer for the new Riddick movie in front of it, which paid for the trip to the movie in and of itself.
- ... doesn't have time to mourn the loss of countless tank-crushed drivers.
- ... has a lot more cars being used as anchors than I've seen recently—none of which are used to anchor boats, because that's boring.