It's also the first of the various Marvel comic book movies where I started feeling like things were starting to feel a bit repetitive. I mean... how many times can the world and/or universe ALMOST get destroyed only to be saved at the last minute by a superhero before the bad guys give up? Especially since this time, the bad guys just seem like a downgrade in menace from all that's come before.
I guess what I'm saying is that I'm eager to see some of these superheros get into a smaller plot. Something that allows for character growth rather than just excuses for special effects. And know what else? I'm kinda ready for there to be a big-budget superhero movie about a non-white guy superhero. They exist. I know they do. And movies about them have been made before. I just want to see one done that is done to the level of quality of many of Marvel's latest movies.
|Enough with Thor. Let's get a Sif movie! Hey... they could show it at SIFF!|
Thor: The Dark World ...
- ... reminds me of how important it is for a superhero movie to have a really awesome and memorable soundtrack. DC's comic book movies seem to get this. Why doesn't Marvel?
- ... has a DELIGHTFUL cameo by Captain America.
- ... left the Asian guy out of the movie for no real reason, which was disappointing.
- ... should have given Ray Stevenson more to do.
- ... made me want to see Rene Russo in more swordfighting scenes!
Post a Comment